ACTIVE COMMUTING CLUBS
Active Commuting Cycling and Active Commuting Running were formed to encourage people to cycle and run to work. Both clubs have competitions designed so people of all abilities can take part, and if you like to vary your mode of commuting; you can be a member of both.
Active Commuting Cycling sponsors prizes in the following categories of competition; the most miles cycled, most miles climbed and the most consistent commuter.
Active Commuting Running sponsors prizes for run commuting in the same categories; most miles run, most miles climbed and most consistent commuter.
Only commutes to and from work qualify for the competitions.
There are 4 competitions each year for each category. These run on a rolling quarterly basis; January-Mar, April-June, July-September, October-December. Prizes are awarded to each winner in each category each quarter.
The membership to Active Commuting Clubs are by invitation only. To join you must have an Active Commuting hub at work, and to participate you will need to have a smart phone. There is no charge and more details will be provided when we receive your application.
For an invitation, please send your application to email@example.com. Include your name, work email address, employer and the Active Commuting hub you use.
Competitions start on the 1st of January 2017, Good luck!
Want an Active Commuting Hub at work? Here are some reasons why active commuting is good for both you, and your employer.
Why should an employer buy or hire a facility?
1. Reduces sick days, stress, health insurance costs and carbon foot print.
2. Excellent use of commuting time, active-commuters arrive at work more motivated.
3. Reduces demand for car parking and travel costs, environmentally friendly doubles as transport.
4. Encourages all body exercise for everybody, promotes relaxation, burns calories to help reduce weight
5. Improves balance and co-ordination
6. Social activity
7. Regular cyclists and runners enjoy the general health of someone 10 years younger (studies).
8. Our solution and deployment strategy caters for all sizes of business throughout the UK.
9. Potentially there is funding and other incentives for companies who offer employees these type of benefits. Details of these can be best accessed through Cycling Charities, local Government departments, BIDs’ and your Council. They tend to be region specific.
Why build Hubs?
Active Commuting was founded for one reason. To provide secure bike parking, showers and lockers to enable as many active commuters as possible. There is not a one size fits all solution. Our solution is portable, adaptable, scalable and affordable.
I want an Active Commuting Hub, what’s next?
If you want to know more, or would like us to talk to your employer about supplying a facility. Please get in touch using the form below.
join the active commuting revolution and receive your free product guide today